About Kelene Blake
Kelene Blake is a Trinidad and Tobago born world citizen and renaissance woman. Mostly, she is a writer and health academic. The following lists some of her current projects.
- Screenwriter: working on a project with Mawu Photography Media.
- Poet: Kelene’s home poetry venues are Austin’s Neo Soul Poetry Lounge, which is an open mic, and the Austin Poetry Slam, which is a competition. She also runs poetry workshops.
- Writer: non-fiction, fiction, poetry, journalism, blogging, screenwriting, technical writing, editing and whatever else she gets into.
- Editor: Freelance editor
- Artisan: producing jewelry and handmade arts and crafts sometimes available on Etsy and occasionally at markets in Austin
- Dancer: with the Ashe Arts Collective
- Health Educator: Kelene Blake M.Ed. is an alumnus of Morgan State University, in Baltimore, Maryland. She holds a bachelors of science in Nutritional Science and another in Physical Education. She did her masters at University of Texas at Austin where she studied Kinesiology.
- Scholar: She is currently at UT Austin again, this time seeking a graduate degree in Health Behavior and Health Education
- Lecturer: Guest lectures on topics of health and health justice such as Nutrition, Diabetes, Health Disparities etc.
- Partner for Niella Catering and constantly learning and growing as an entrepreneur.
- Founder of ColorReel, a new film streaming project focused on bringing the work of underrepresented filmmakers to a larger audience. Kelene is currently crowdfunding a part of this project. Please donate, share and support: gofundme.com/colorreel
Photo credit: Kalil “KZak” Zaky